Citizenship Application N600 Attorney, Boston MA

N600 lawyer Dayna Lally, assists foreign nationals in applying for certificates of citizenship in Boston, Massachusetts.

Certificate of Citizenship (N600) are different than Certificates of Naturalization (N400). Contact our office to see which benefit you may qualify for.

Overview: Am I Already a Citizen?

Individuals may become a United States citizen either at birth or after birth.

To become a citizen at birth, an individual must:

  • Have been born in the United States, or certain territories or outlying possessions of the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction of the United States; or 
  • Had a parent or parents who were citizens at the time of your birth (if you were born abroad) and meet other requirements.

To become a citizen after birth, an individual must:

  • Apply for derived or acquired citizenship through parents; or
  • Apply for naturalization.

Form N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship, is used by individuals who were born abroad and are claiming United States citizenship at birth through their parents or by operation of law after birth but before they turned eighteen years of age.

Application Process

Applicant files an N-600 application and supporting documents with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Electronic Filing

Electronic filing is available for N-600 applications. To electronically file a N-600 application, you must create an account with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.


The fee to file an application for a certificate of citizenship is $1,170.

USCIS filing fees are not refundable, regardless of any action U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services takes on the application.

If you electronically file your Form N-600, you may pay your fee online. If you file your Form N-600 by mail, you may pay the fee with a money order, personal check, cashier’s check, or by credit card using Form G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions.

Checks should be made payable to the “U.S. Department of Homeland Security.”

Fee Waiver

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services will consider a fee waiver request for Form N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship. You can review the fee waiver guidance on the USCIS Fee Waiver website.

Processing Time

Certificate of citizenship applications are processed at varying speeds depending on a variety of circumstances. Visit the USCIS Processing Times website for the most up-to-date information.


N-600 denials happen. If U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services denies your N-600, you may file an appeal on Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal or Motion, within thirty days of the date of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services decision.

If the time for an appeal has expired, you may not file another N-600 application. Rather, you must file a motion to reopen or reconsider on Form I-290B.

The filing fee for Form I-290B is currently $675. USCIS filing fees are not refundable, regardless of any action USCIS takes on the application.

Have an Immigration Question?

If you have a question about immigration or would like to schedule a free consultation for a marriage-based green card application, contact Dayna Lally using the contact form below.

Ready to Schedule a Consultation?

Please use the "Schedule Now" button below to view my upcoming availability and schedule a 30-minute phone or Zoom consultation:

Schedule Now

Tags:   citizenship application N600 attorney boston ma apply for citizenship N600 lawyer boston ma certificate of naturalization N600</span